Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe came from the Country Casserole Cookbook.
Make and share this Beef Casserole Italiano recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 3575 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and onion, drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, parsley, oregano, basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine spinach, ricotta cheese and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Spoon spinach mixture around the edes of a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish, pour beef mixture into center.
- Cut each mozzarella slice into three strips and arrange in a lattice pattern over meat.
- Bake for 20 minutes.