Top Review by evewitch
I discovered I had less Parmesan in the house than I thought, so the sauce ended up a bit less flavorful than I would have liked. However, everyone ate it, and I will definitely make this again. The hint of adding cream to the boiling water seems to have done the trick of causing my family to eat the cabbage.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 head cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain beef.
- Season with garlic, black pepper.
- Shred cabbage into long "noodle-like" strips.
- Cook in 4 quarts of boiling water.
- Add a dollop of cream to the water to make a milder cabbage flavor.
- Drain when tender.
- Mix all ingredients for Alfredo sauce in a small saucepan and heat until melted and thoroughly mixed together
- PS--the Alfredo Sauce is great over low carb pasta or spaghetti squash.
- Can be used as a side dish or main course.