Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
For a simple but tasty meaty meal try this French-inspired recipe, combining beef kebabs with a rich cream sauce.
- 1 rump steak, cut into ten 1in cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head garlic, bulb roasted
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 5⁄8 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 ounce butter
- 2 ounces French beans, topped and tailed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Heat a griddle or large, heavy-based frying pan over a high heat.
- Thread 5 cubes of beef each onto a skewer. Brush the beef with a little olive oil and season with freshly ground pepper only.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic into a food processor with the grain mustard and the cream, blend for 15 seconds and reserve.
- Cook the beef skewers on the preheated griddle. Cook for 1 and a half minutes on each side for rare, longer if you prefer your beef well done.
- Heat the remaining olive oil and the butter in a wok. Toss in the green beans and the pepper strips. Fry, stirring often, for 2 minutes, while the beef is griddling. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and season the beans with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Let the beef rest while placing the bean and pepper mixture on a plate. Top with the beef skewers and drizzle over the reserved mustard garlic cream.