Prep 12 mins
Cook 16 mins
This was a recipe that I received at a recent Weight Watchers meeting. Though it's full of yummy beef, cheese and spinach, according to Weight Watchers, only has 8 points for 1 whole quesadilla. (Serving suggestion by WW was 1/4 of a quesadilla for 2 pts, but I made these, and we each ate 1 whole for dinner.) My husband and I really liked them--they do not have a traditional flavor, but the blue cheese is so yummy. Adjust the heat of the taco sauce and the amount of red pepper flakes to your spiciness liking. We served these with extra taco sauce on the side.
- 1⁄3 cup cooked extra lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons taco sauce
- 4 large burrito-size whole wheat tortillas
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Stir together the beef and taco sauce.
- Lay 2 tortillas flat and divide beef mixture between them.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with half the cheese, half the spinach and half the red pepper flakes. Top each with a remaining tortilla.
- Put a large, heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place one quesadilla in skillet and cook until brown spots form on bottom of tortilla, a few minutes each side. Flip and repeat; remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Cut each quesadilla into wedges and serve.
DH and I really enjoyed this. We aren't doing WW but I thought it looked good anyway :) I do think, however that it would be tastier with ground turkey or shredded chicken.