Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Serve this with a side of veggies and you have a complete meal.
Make and share this Beef and Potato Boats recipe from Food.com.
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender.
- Sauté bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel, then crumble. Drain pan.
- Mix beef lightly with onions. Shape into large patty in same pan, brown 5 minutes on each side, then break up into small chunks.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, sour cream and crumbled bacon. Remove from heat.
- Split baked potatoes in half; scoop out centers into a small pan, being careful not to break shells.
- Place shells in a shallow baking dish or pan.
- Mash potato centers; beat in remaining salt, butter or margarine and just enough milk to make them creamy, stiff.
- Spoon beef mixture into shells, dividing evenly.
- Top with mashed potatoes, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in 400° oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly hot.
I love anything made with potatoes. I especially like fried potatoes, French fries too, tater chips and my personal favorite--Vodka. lol These were great! Made for #48 A-NZ Recipe Tag.
These were really yummy and a nice twist on our usual meat and potatoes. We did half the meat, but they were still really, really good! They were also really easy; I did most of the prep work ahead of time then just threw them in the oven right before we ate.
This was great. Very flavorful. Very filling. Doubled the recipe, which worked great. Didn't use the onions, will try that next time. Was a little bit time consuming. This will be a family favorite. My nephew thought it would be gross, then he tried it and loved it.