- 2 large baking potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender.
- Sauté bacon until crisp, drain on paper towel, then crumble. Drain pan.
- Mix beef lightly with onions. Shape into large patty in same pan, brown 5 minutes on each side, then break up into small chunks.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, sour cream and crumbled bacon. Remove from heat.
- Split baked potatoes in half; scoop out centers into a small pan, being careful not to break shells.
- Place shells in a shallow baking dish or pan.
- Mash potato centers; beat in remaining salt, butter or margarine and just enough milk to make them creamy, stiff.
- Spoon beef mixture into shells, dividing evenly.
- Top with mashed potatoes, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in 400° oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly hot.