Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is easy and good! While not necessarily a gourmet meal, it is an inexpensive, filling and enjoyable meal for a busy family. Add some onion powder or other spices for additional flavor if desired.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopes brown gravy mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles
- Place meat in slow-cooker.
- Combine brown gravy mix with the amount of water suggested on package. Add to slow-cooker. Halfway through cooking time, check to see if gravy needs any additional water for desired thickness.
- Right before beef is ready, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and gently mix into the beef and gravy. Serve.
- 4 hours on HIGH - 8 hours on LOW.
I added onion and garlic powder to the meat before putting it into the crockpot. My family enjoyed this dinner. Next time, though I will add onion and mushrooms as suggested by other review. Thanks for sharing!
I added chopped onion, celery, and mushrooms to better suit my family's tastes. This was simple to throw in the crockpot before work, and made a nice comfort-food type of meal. Thanks for sharing!