Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Why order from the Chinese place down the road when you can throw this classic "take out" dish together in no time? With this one, you get to control the sodium, sugar and fat, but no one will ever know! Of course we serve this with steamed white rice.
- Brown steak in oil, in a large skillet over high heat(you may have to do 2 batches) It will not be fully cooked.
- Remove meat from pan, then stir in all other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens (about 2 minutes).
- Return steak to the pan and cook through (just 1-3 minutes).
- Serve over cooked white rice, if desired.
Really yummy. So quick. A little on the salty side, might try less soup mix and some cornflour next time. My frozen broc was in big chunks, which made cooking time a bit longer - but it is hard to cut frozen broc. I served it with #120553 Butter Baked Rice (Oamc). Went really well.
This was very good!!! I changed a few things because I wanted to use what I already had on hand. I added a 19 oz bag of broccoli, I used 1 Tbs. agave nectar (instead of brown sugar) and I also added 1 Tbs. corn starch. I also used a whole package of Lipton Beefy Onion soup mix. It is so easy to make & just throw together. This one is a keeper! Thank you so much!
it was great!!! the only thing i substituted was inseted of the 1/2 ounce dry onion soup mix i used a full oz of onion powder!! it wasnt sausy but it was definitely good!