Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I always wondered how they made this in the Chinese Restaurants, so I looked around on the internet and found a recipe.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb beef, strips thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add beef strips; saute 3-4 minutes.
- Add in broccoli.
- Combine Gravy Mix, water and black pepper. Pour over beef mixture. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
This is really delicious and quick. I added a carrot, an onion and a can of mushrooms to add extra veggies, but that is all I did differently.