This is a clever way to serve ham and eggs for breakfast, and it's ideal for hostesses tired of the usual bacon-eggs-tomato flat on a plate! Serve with lots of toast or with fresh buns. Even at breakfast the little pies look best if dressed up with sliced lettuce or a tiny salad, on which you have sprinkled a little vinaigrette.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 jumbo eggs (jumbo-size, preferably free-range)
- 12 slices ham (the large round cuts work best)
- 12 grape tomatoes, red-ripe (or use cherry tomatoes)
- 4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated (Pecorino is an alternative)
- flaky sea salt (like Maldon or Fleur de Sel)
- white pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg F/180 deg Celsius.
- 2Use a 12-hole muffin pan (the ordinary size) and butter the hollows well.
- 3Line the hollows with the ham slices, pressing them in carefully. The ham slices should be large enough so they poke out above the hollows.
- 4Break an egg into each hollow, then cut each small tomato in two, and put on top of each egg.
- 5Mix the parsley and cheese and divide among the "pies", sprinkle each very lightly with a few flakes of salt each, and finish off with a light sprinkle of white pepper.
- 6Bake for 18 - 20 minutes -- the egg white might run into the muffin hollow, but no matter. You might have to check yourself whether the eggs are done by poking carefully with a fork to see if the whites are set.
- 7Let rest just a minute or so.
- 8Run a silicone spatula around the sides to loosen carefully, and remove to heated plates.
- 9Serve two "pies" per person, garnished, and served with toast or fresh breakfast buns.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bed & Breakfast Ham-And-Egg Baskets
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.1
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 583.7 mg
- Sodium 785.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 25.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: