Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
This nutri-yummy wrap of course has spinach in it, and chilled or grilled it is perfect for a light luncheon party. Each wrap can be sliced to 8 one inch pieces for a party tray, or sliced in half as an alternative to a club sandwich. yields 48 party pinwheels or 12 club-wrapwiches. As usual wash your hands before preparing food, and don't rub your eyes or face because of the hot horseradish!! Yes I mean tuna in OIL not that dreadful stuff in water that has no flavor to offer.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 6 ounces shredded carrots
- 2 pickled peppers, i used long red zergut brand
- 4 ounces garlic-stuffed olives (10-12 olives)
- 1 tablespoon toasted wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon extra hot prepared horseradish
- 3 (6 ounce) cansof polar tuna in vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
For the wraps
- 6 pieces trader joe's lavash wrap bread
- 1 bunch spinach, organic baby of course rinsed washed, prepped & chilled
- 6 teaspoons romano cheese, whole milk fresca style crumbled
- Dice the bell peppers, pickled peppers, and garlic stuffed green olives.
- Put in mixing bowl.
- Add the shredded carrots, wheat germ, whole grain mustard, horseradish, slightly drained tuna, and the salt & pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Lightly spread each of the 6 Lavash wrap breads with whole grain mustard to taste.
- Layer baby spinach leaves on.
- Evenly divide the mixture into 6 servings and spoon on as even as possible.
- Dot with a tsp of the crumbled fresh whole milk romano cheese.
- Wrap up starting with short end.
- Then wrap in saran wrap and chill for a couple hours.
- Slice into aproximately 1” thick pieces (8 pieces per Lavash bread) for 48 pinwheels or.
- Slice in half for 12 club-wrapwiches.