Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is great to rub under the skin of a Thanksgiving turkey, and also delicious stirred into hot cooked grits or mashed potatoes, melted over steamed broccoli or grilled asparagus. Also good over beef tenderloin. Total time does not include cooling time.
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 shallots, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to 1 tablespoons
- Remove from heat, and cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in butter and the remaining ingredients. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
I don't think I've ever made Bearnise butter before, but this was nice! I will use with cooked snow peas over rice. Thanks! Made for ZWT-France 2012 by a Herbaceous Curvaceous Honey!