Recipe by Clifford Boren
A tasteful, filling salad. Can be used as a side dish or an entree for vegetarians.
Top Review by KPD
oh dear!! this was outstanding! there was only 3 of us, so i only used 1 can of black eyed peas and omitted the lima beans. i halved the ketchup, balsamic v., and evoo, but kept everything else the same. this was a beautiful side dish with great flavor! i also loved it because i made it this morning so it would marinate all day...easy peasy! i'm adding this to my keeper file and will throw it into my monthly rotation of favorites!! and next time i think i will cook and crumble some bacon to add at serving time! that would put this dish over the top!!!!! thanks so much!!
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) packagelightly toasted cashews
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- garlic powder, I use a lot
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse the beans and black eyed peas.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, peas, diced celery, diced bell pepper, cashews, and onions.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the ketchup, garlic, vinegar, pepper, and oil.
- Pour liquid over the dry ingredients and toss to coat everything.
- Let rest in the refrigerator for at least an hour, more is better.