Recipe by Hey Jude
Delicious, easy, spicy salad - great as a side for your next BBQ. Obviously, tone down the pepper sauce if you can't take the heat!
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced peeled jicama
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beans, jicama, tomatoes, bell pepper, green onion and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Whisk together lime juice, pepper sauce, vinegar, oil, salt, and cumin in a small bowl; pour over bean mixture and toss gently.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.