Recipe by Bobtail
Simple, delicious and anything with chicken, cheese and beans cannot be too bad! This is a Del Monte recipe. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by PaulaG
Agreed, chicken, cheese and beans have got to be a winning combination. The tomatoes were Ancho Chilie Tomato Sauce and the beans were black beans which were drained and rinsed. The recipe did specify which size of flour tortillas, so I used the burrito size. I did lightly oil a cast iron griddle and cooked the tortillas on 1 side until lightly browned and then flipped, added the toppings and cooked as recommended. I think this help to keep them from getting soggy. Not having avocado, I garnished with fresh Pico De Gallo. These made a great Friday night dinner.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers (I recommend Del Monte)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced jalapeno chile (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cubed grilled chicken
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- diced avocado (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid.
- Chop the tomatoes.
- In large skillet, combine tomatoes, reserved liquid, beans, garlic, jalapeños and cumin.
- Cook over medium-high heat 5-7 minutes, till thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Add chicken.
- Arrange tortillas in a single layer on grill or another skillet.
- Spread 3/4 cup chicken mixture over each tortilla.
- Top with cheese.
- Cook about 3 minutes or until bottom of tortilla browns and cheese melts.
- Garnish with lettuce and avocado if desired.