Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
Saving hundreds of tomatoes for the Fall/Winter/Spring.
- -Clean the Tomatoes.
- -Fill large pot with water, bring to a boil.
- -Fill large bowl with cold water.
- -Place some tomatoes into the boiling water.
- -Stir them around 1-3 minutes, until you start to see the skin peel. (Even if the skin is not peeling pull them from the hot water).
- -Place all tomatoes in the bowl of cold water, let them cool.
- -Take a knife and gouge out the stem, both ends.
- -Pull off the skin of the tomato, remove the seeds if you would like.
- -Quarter remaining, skinless tomato, place in a ziplock freezer bag.
- -Label the bag.
What a great recipe, with clear directions! I needed to peel a couple of tomatoes to puree and add to my spaghetti sauce, but didn't remember how to blanch them. I looked up "blanch" and found this recipe. My small tomatoe was peeling at 1 1/2 minutes. The large one didn't peel, so I took out at 3 minutes, and after the cold bath, it peeled easily. Thanks so much!