Recipe by Bergy
Fabulous prawns, tang of lemon with hot spices and garlic. Great with cold salads & crusty rolls. You may also serve these as appetizers - they'll disappear very quickly. For simple handling on the BBQ skewer them on pre soaked skewers
- 2 lbs prawns, peeled rinsed (size 16-20 perlb)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons hot paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Have gas BBQ on high- let it really get hot.
- Mix the garlic, spices, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Coat the prawns with the paste, you may do this in advance and have them in the fridge ready to cook.
- BBQ one side for about 2 minutes turn and BBQ the other side for about 2 minutes If they blacken a bit no worry but do NOT overcook as soon as they turn pink they are done.
- Serve with wedges of lemon.