BBQ Potatoes on a Wet Plank
- Plank must be presoaked for a minimum of 1 hour up to 24 hours. Plank can be cedar, maple, alder or oak.
- Pierce potatoes to a allow steam to escape, and bake in microwave for 16 minutes on high.
- When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out cooked potato, being careful not to damage the skin, which is now the filling shell.
- In a bowl mix well: scooped potato, butter or margarine, milk, cheese, cut chives or onions, garlic, bacon bits, and salt and pepper.
- Fill potato shells with this mixture.
- Now place on a wet plank in preheated BBQ. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Believe it or not, this can also be baked in the kitchen oven at 375°F also on a wet plank. Excellent with plank cooked salmon.