Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great rub mix to keep on hand for meat and vegetables! Store in am empty Parmesan container and shake it out when needed.
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons ground paprika (I like Hungarian)
- Mix well.
- Rub on meat before BBQing.
This is a good rub that tastes like cajun seasoning. I used only 1 tsp of cayenne and it was still plenty spicy. We tried this rub on chicken and salmon and DH and I agreed, we like it the best on salmon. Our favorite way to use this rub is to rub it on both sides of a salmon filet, place the salmon on an oiled grill, and grill the salmon until done. Then top the salmon with Chile Lime Butter #51653. Oh my.....the combination of the salmon, rub, and lime butter is SOOOO good. It is a company worthy dish!
I made several batches of this as Christmas gifts last year (doing the same this year!). It is so tasty, and goes with everything! My friends and family loved it. Thanks for a great spice recipe.
I used this on chicken and it was delish. Going to try it on pork tenedloins next time.