Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is posted in reply to a request for kiwifruit recipes. Kiwifruit is excellent for tenderising meat and together with NZ lamb - Good kai, Mum! Perfect for the BBQ.
- 600 -700 g lamb, cubed (leg or shoulder, preferably NZ lamb)
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon other oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- fresh ground black pepper
- Scoop flesh from inside the kiwifruit and mash well until smooth.
- Mix with remaining ingredients and cubed lamb.
- Stir, cover and leave at room temperature for about 20 minutes- maximum 1 hour.
- Drain lamb and thread on skewers (Soak bamboo skewers well in water first to reduce risk of charring during cooking).
- Barbecue or grill kebabs on high heat for 5- 7 minutes, turning skewers to brown lamb on all sides.
- Do not overcook.
Great marinade!! I had no idea that kiwis acts as a tenderizer. Very easy to do and the lamb was done quickly over the grill. Made for Las Mistico Magicos Sirenas of ZWT 5
Love lamb kebabs and certainly loved this wonderfully flavoursome recipe: great blend of flavours and the kebabs were so tender. Very much a recipe that I'll be making again post-ZWT 5! :) We enjoyed these kebabs with Health Nut Brown Rice. Thank you so much for sharing it, French Tart! Made for Ali Baba's Babes, ZWT 5.
kiwilcious!!!! A stunner of a marinade for lamb, thoroughly enjoying my dinner! the first kiwi i cut was a little unripe but the 2nd was perfect and mashed easily.