This is posted in reply to a request for kiwifruit recipes. Kiwifruit is excellent for tenderising meat and together with NZ lamb - Good kai, Mum! Perfect for the BBQ.
- Scoop flesh from inside the kiwifruit and mash well until smooth.
- Mix with remaining ingredients and cubed lamb.
- Stir, cover and leave at room temperature for about 20 minutes- maximum 1 hour.
- Drain lamb and thread on skewers (Soak bamboo skewers well in water first to reduce risk of charring during cooking).
- Barbecue or grill kebabs on high heat for 5- 7 minutes, turning skewers to brown lamb on all sides.
- Do not overcook.