1/4 Photos of BBQ Chicken Yakitori Kebabs
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Chef floWer's Note:
This dish could either be served as an appetiser (finger food) or as a main meal. It requests for shoyu (Japanese soy sauce) but you can use any soy sauce. I also used rice wine vinegar instead of sake as the kids were going to eat some as well. Preparation time includes one hour marinating. The recipe comes from a Reader's Digest - Summer BBQ Cookbook 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 large green capsicum, seeded and cut into 30 small cubes
- 4 large spring onions, cut across into 30 pieces
- 1Place the shoyu/soy, sake or sherry, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and honey in a shallow dish and stir together to mix. Add the chicken pieces and spoon the marinade over them. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 2Preheat the barbecue flat plate. Soak 30 small bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 mins, to provent them from burning on the barbecue.
- 3Thread about 2 pieces of chicken onto the skewers, alternating with one piece of capsicum and one of spring onions, threaded widthways.
- 4Cook the kebabs for about 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through, turning from time to time and brushing with the marinade.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken Yakitori Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (893 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 101.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g