1/4 Photos of BBQ Chicken Yakitori Kebabs
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Chef floWer's Note:
This dish could either be served as an appetiser (finger food) or as a main meal. It requests for shoyu (Japanese soy sauce) but you can use any soy sauce. I also used rice wine vinegar instead of sake as the kids were going to eat some as well. Preparation time includes one hour marinating. The recipe comes from a Reader's Digest - Summer BBQ Cookbook 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 cm cubes
- 1 large green capsicum, seeded and cut into 30 small cubes
- 4 large spring onions, cut across into 30 pieces
- 1Place the shoyu/soy, sake or sherry, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and honey in a shallow dish and stir together to mix. Add the chicken pieces and spoon the marinade over them. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 2Preheat the barbecue flat plate. Soak 30 small bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 mins, to provent them from burning on the barbecue.
- 3Thread about 2 pieces of chicken onto the skewers, alternating with one piece of capsicum and one of spring onions, threaded widthways.
- 4Cook the kebabs for about 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through, turning from time to time and brushing with the marinade.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken Yakitori Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (893 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 29.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 101.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g