Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Favorites cookbook that our local Make A Wish Foundation sells (www.makeawishutah.org). It is worth buying!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite brand
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, torn
- 3 -4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jicama, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- ranch dressing
- additional barbecue sauce
- crispy corn tortilla chips
- Marinate chicken in BBQ sauce, then bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Cut into pieces and place in fridge.
- Combine chicken and salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Serve with Ranch dressing, bbq sauce, and crispy corn tortilla chips.
I used 1/4 c red onion and red bell pepper in place of the jicama since I didn't have any on hand. I'd like to try this with rotelli or wagon wheel pasta in place of the lettuce.