- 1 rectangular poundcake (home-made or store-bought)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- confectioners' sugar
- fresh fruit
- whipped cream or ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the barbecue to medium heat. Oil the grill.
- Cut the cake in thick slices of about 1 inch.
- In a hollow dish, whisk eggs and milk. Soak the slices of cake on both faces. Drain well.
- Grill the slices 2 to 3 minutes on each side to grill them with a decorative square-pattern.
- Serve immediately. Sprinkle with confectioner sugar. Serve this with fresh fruits and Chantailly cream or ice cream.
- You can add nutmeg or cinnamon to the mixture of eggs and milk.