Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A little spa treat at home. Easy. Play around with your favorite essential oils to achieve a scent that you'll enjoy. Some of my favorites include chammomile, lavendar, neroli and rose. Try sandalwood or patchouli for a masculine scent.
- 2 cups sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vitamin e oil
- 2 eggs
- 6 drops essential oils, chammomile,neroli and lavendar are relaxing
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place salt in the blender and whiz for about 5 seconds until finely ground.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender and whiz for a moment to combine.
- Dough will be stiff.
- Roll 1 teaspoon segments of dough into balls and place onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and set aside to cool.
- When the bath balls are cool, they can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for 3-5 days or in the freezer for up to a year.
- To use, dissolve 1 bath ball in the tub and relax!
I hate having to leave only 1 star; however, this was a disappointment from start to finish. The mixture was soo hard that my blender almost burnt out. I couldn't roll it into balls, the texture was too tough. I managed to put a teaspoon size onto a baking sheet and baked according to directions. My kitchen smelled like a hair salon-not good. I had a bath with one and there was no fizz at all. The thing just bobbed around my tub. I used my hands to try to break it up and it was as if i had clumps of cream of wheat floating in my tub. This was sooo frustrating!! I hate leaving such a bad review-but I had no choice. This went right into the garbage. Sorry.