Recipe by kaze_no_sennyo
In case you couldn't tell, our farmer's market has had some seriously amazing peaches the last few weeks, so I've been doing a lot of experimenting with them. I made a quick salad dressing for my husband and myself the other day that I really loved. On the flip side, he wasn't a huge fan, but he doesn't like peaches too much so I count my opinion for more and I posted it anyway. (just don't tell him I said that!)
Top Review by Chef likestocook
Since we have been trying to eat more salads, I am always looking for a different way to eat those greens (spring mix from the garden). When the peaches came in I thought I would like to try this dressing and then put peaches and candied walnuts or almonds in the salad. I really thought something with honey, vinegar, and olive oil would be great. I was a little leery of the basil, but since I have it in the garden I thought I would give it a chance. I did misread the honey amount and put in 1 T instead, but we liked it this way and I will probably put that amount in from now on. My husband said at first he wasn't sure about it, but by the 3rd bite he liked it. If you are afraid of the basil- just leave it out. Thanks for a new way to use those peaches and eat those greens!
- 1 peach
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (I have some basil olive oil that worked well for this)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon basil (fresh chopped works best but dried will do)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon honey (depending on how sweet the peach is you may not need this. I didn't use it when I made mine, but I k)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all of the ingredients except the peach.
- Peel the skin off the peach by putting it in boiling water for about 30 seconds, then dunk it in cool water.
- Slice the fruit, and mash it together to make a kind of paste. If you want a less chunky texture you can do this in a food processor or blender. I just squished it with a fork.
- Mix the vinaigrette mixture into the peach until well combined and use as a salad dressing. :).