Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve these pretty little, zesty tomatoes on a leaf of lettuce for a nice presentation. The basil gives them a lovely taste.
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut tomatoes in half; place in bowl.
- Add basil, oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, cover and chill.
As a slight change I heated the mixture just enough to warm it and kept it at that heat level for 5 min. Then chilled it covered it and chilled it in the fridge for 2 hours. Just before I served it I added a light sprinkle of parmesan cheese. My friends and family all liked it even my nephew who dosn't eat tomatoes tried it. I would recomend this recipe to anyone. Gerry