Prep 1 hr 19 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dough makes the best cinnamon rolls I have ever had, and family says it rivals "Cinnabons". This is a versatile sweet yeast dough that can be refrigerated overnight or baked the same day.
- 6 -7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- in a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast; blens well to mix. in small sauce pan heat water milk and butter until very warm (120-130 Degrees F.) Add warm liquid and egg to flour mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened. by hand add the other 3 cups of flour until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- On floured surface, knead in another 1 to 2 cups of flour until dough is smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. place dough in greased bowl and let rise covered in a warm place, until doubled in size.abouy 45 to 60 minutes.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Shape and bake dough as desired, I make cinnamon rolls with this dough.by rolling it out spreading melted butter on it and sprinkleing it with cinnamon sugar and rolling up to cut in 1inch slices.
- To make dough a day ahead, after first rise time, punch dough down and cover to refrigerate overnight.