Recipe by Pampered Linny
So easy and versatile. Not to mention great tasting. I usually make this into one large pizza, one medium deep dish or two small pizzas.
Top Review by WoWMommy
My husband and I wanted to venture out and make our own pizza dough, after coming across this recipe we decided to try it and loved it! We put 1 tablespoon of Italian herbs in the dough before letting it rest and it added such a wonderful flavor to it. Thank you so much for sharing this great recipe, it has won a place in my recipe box that's for sure! :D
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 ounce yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together 1 cup flour, yeast & salt.
- Add water & mix well (I like to use a pastry blender but its not necessary.).
- Slowly, 1/2 cup at a time, add in the rest of the flour.
- Pour oil over dough and knead before shaping into a ball.
- Put someplace warm to rise for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle corn meal over warm baking stone or over pizza sheet and roll dough out.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Top and bake as is your preference.
- These are some other variations:.
- Add Italian Seasoning to the dough before setting to rise.
- Add chunks of cheese or shredded cheese while adding in the water.
- Use wheat flour in place or white flour.
- Roll pieces of string cheese into the edges to form stuft crust pizza (one of my hubby's faves).