Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Notebook Magazine, November 2005
- 250 g flour
- 125 g unsalted butter, chilled and finely chopped
- 1 egg, chilled
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon water, chilled
- Process flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a food processor until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Whisk the egg and 1 T chilled water in a bowl until combined. Add to the flour mixture while the food processor is running. Process until the dough forms large clumps before it form s a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a work surface eg onto baking paper, and knead gently to bring together. form into a disc for a round tart or a log for a rectangular tart. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.