Recipe by Felix4067
Simple base formula that can be adapted to anyone's personal taste. Leaves skin feeling soft and silky smooth.
Top Review by taylortwo
i made 100 pounds of bath salts for my local m.o.p.s. group and although this is not my recipe i just wanted to caution people that the vendor i bought my essential oils from warned me of potential hazards to pregnant women and small children...not to scare you off though...bath salts are wonderful. :0)
- 1 cup sea salt
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup epsom salts
- 1 -2 tablespoon glycerin, per bath
- essential oil, as desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sea salts, baking soda, and Epsom salts in a bowl.
- Stir to blend.
- Pour 1/4 cup or so into the bath while the tub is filling.
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons glycerin to keep your skin from drying out (more for dry skin, less for oily skin) and essential oils of choice.
- Be sure to keep the glycerin and essential oils separate, adding them only to each bath and not the dry mixture.
- Store any unused mixture in a glass jar with a screw top (I use mayonnaise jars).