Recipe by Paradawks
Alton Brown's basic popover recipe from the "Popover Sometime" episode.
Top Review by 4-H Mom
Mother used to make these all the time to serve with breakfast. What a trip down memory lane. These are chewy and cruncy - like a twist between toast and a biscuit. I will be saving this recipe to make again. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, for pan
- 4 3⁄4 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 6-cup popover pan with the 1 teaspoon of butter.
- Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and process for 30 seconds. Divide the batter evenly between the cups of the popover pan, each should be about 1/3 to 1/2 full. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 40 minutes. Remove the popovers to a cooling rack and pierce each in the top with a knife to allow steam to escape. Serve warm.