1/3 Photos of Basic Fish Cure (Bbq Rub)
This is a rub to use on fish prior to grilling or smoking. Recipe from Steven Raichlen's How to Grill cookbook. He says feel free to use different kinds of sugars such as white, turbinado or maple sugar instead of brown. He also says you can add any additional herb or spice you may fancy. Use 3/4 cup of rub per pound of fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a small bowl with your fingers.
- 2If using as a seasoning, just sprinkle on the fish before grilling.
- 3If using as a true rub (which will season and start to cure the fish), sprinkle on the fish and rub with your fingers. Let sit for 2 hours up to a day in advance prior to grilling.
- 4NOTE: This rub will keep for at least 6 months if kept in an airtight jar away from heat and light.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Fish Cure (Bbq Rub)
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7082.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 0.4 g