Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a basic recipe for limas. From here you can make soup, casseroles, etc. Just do a search for lima bean recipes in your favorite search engine.
- Soak lima beans according to package directions.
- Place beans, ham hock and onion in pot.
- (I like to use my pressure cooker but it's not necessary) Cook beans according to package directions.
- Taste a bean to make sure cooked through.
- Cook until tender.
- You can also add a small chopped potatoe to the pot when you cook beans.
- This will help thicken liquid and all you need is a pan of cornbread and a salad with this.
My husband loved them!
These were on the plain side for me. They had flavor from the ham but seemed to be missing something. We liked them ok, but I think I will continue looking for one with more flavor! Thanks for sharing your recipe! Sheryl
These were good. Much better than canned beans any day. Mine took twice as long to cook bc I used large limas. Whoops. Also, next time I think I will use half chicken stock instead of all water, and add some thyme.