Vicky Bryant's Note:
This is a basic recipe for limas. From here you can make soup, casseroles, etc. Just do a search for lima bean recipes in your favorite search engine.
My Private Note
- 1Soak lima beans according to package directions.
- 2Place beans, ham hock and onion in pot.
- 3(I like to use my pressure cooker but it's not necessary) Cook beans according to package directions.
- 4Taste a bean to make sure cooked through.
- 5Cook until tender.
- 6You can also add a small chopped potatoe to the pot when you cook beans.
- 7This will help thicken liquid and all you need is a pan of cornbread and a salad with this.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Cooked Lima Beans
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: