Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good and easy buttercream.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cream shortening and butter until lightened in color.
- Add vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Stir in sugar cup at a time, mixing thoroughly before adding more.
- After all sugar is added, add milk.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Keep covered in airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Rewhip before using.