Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adopted recipe from Mean Chef. I plan on making this very soon, it sounds great! Mean Chefs words are: Use it on ribs, pork shoulders, chickens - anything you want to taste like American barbecue
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to mix.
- (Actually, your hands work better for mixing than a spoon or whisk does. Use your fingers to break up any lumps of brown sugar.) Store the rub in an airtight jar away from heat or light; it will keep for at least 6 months.
- Use 2 to 3 teaspoons per pound of meat.
- A 4-pound chicken will take 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons.
- To make a spicier rub, substitute hot paprika for some or all of the sweet paprika.
This is a great classic BBQ rub. I have used it now on chicken quarters and a pork tenderloin that we BBQ'd on the grill. Terrific results both times!!