This is an adopted recipe from Mean Chef. I plan on making this very soon, it sounds great! Mean Chefs words are: Use it on ribs, pork shoulders, chickens - anything you want to taste like American barbecue
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to mix.
- 2(Actually, your hands work better for mixing than a spoon or whisk does. Use your fingers to break up any lumps of brown sugar.) Store the rub in an airtight jar away from heat or light; it will keep for at least 6 months.
- 3Use 2 to 3 teaspoons per pound of meat.
- 4A 4-pound chicken will take 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons.
- 5To make a spicier rub, substitute hot paprika for some or all of the sweet paprika.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic American Barbecue Rub
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.3
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20979.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.4 g
- Sugars 59.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hickory smoke salt