Recipe by *****Sandy
These are so basic, you may say boring. I say be creative and add your choice of spices and garnishes. This is just to get you started. My kid likes these just the way they are . . . with his favorite food group -- ketchup.
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 -6 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix potatoes with the lemon juice.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Melt butter, over medium heat.
- Spoon enough potato mixture into the pan to make several medium pancakes.
- You may need to spread the mixture a bit so that it is even, about 1/2" thick.
- Cook until very golden brown (this will help hold the cakes together) about 5 minutes and turn. Cook this side until golden brown, also about 5 minutes.
- Keep the cakes warm in the oven until you have used all the batter.
- Serve with your favorite garnish or ketchup of course!