These are so basic, you may say boring. I say be creative and add your choice of spices and garnishes. This is just to get you started. My kid likes these just the way they are . . . with his favorite food group -- ketchup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix potatoes with the lemon juice.
- 2Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 3Melt butter, over medium heat.
- 4Spoon enough potato mixture into the pan to make several medium pancakes.
- 5You may need to spread the mixture a bit so that it is even, about 1/2" thick.
- 6Cook until very golden brown (this will help hold the cakes together) about 5 minutes and turn. Cook this side until golden brown, also about 5 minutes.
- 7Keep the cakes warm in the oven until you have used all the batter.
- 8Serve with your favorite garnish or ketchup of course!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic 6 Ingredient Potato Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.8
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 175.2 mg
- Sodium 1157.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 10.8 g