Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw Ina make this on her Barefoot Contessa cooking show and the episode was entitled "Good Home Cooking." This smoothie is quick and delicious! You can also use frozen strawberries.
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh orange juice (4 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup strawberry, tops removed, and cut in 1/2
- 1 -1 1⁄2 ripe banana
- Combine the orange juice, lime juice, strawberries, and banana in a blender and process until smooth.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- "Cook" time does not include refrigeration time for chilling.
Liked that there was no sugar added to this drink but the lime came through strong, maybe I put more than what was called for. Will make again though. Thanks!
This was good. I used Simply Orange OJ and left out the lime juice. I used frozen strawberries. It was very good - a tiny bit tart though. I scaled the recipe down to 1 1/2 servings me for me for a nice 150 calorie smoothie, so I only put in 1/2 of a banana. Next time I will put in the whole thing for extra sweetness. Thanks for sharing!
WOW!!!!! Love this smoothie. The flavors go well together. A real nice fresh tasting drink. Like that you don't add any sugar. I used some frozen strawberries so that made the drink cold enough that I didn't need to chill.