1/2 Photos of Barefoot Contessa's Carrot Cake Cupcakes
1 hr 15 mins
From Barefoot Contessa Parties! The cake is very moist and the icing is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cups grated carrots (less than 1 pound)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
For the frosting
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F
- 2Beat the sugar, oil, and vanilla together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- 3Add the eggs, 1 at a time.
- 4In another bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- 5With the mixer on low speed, add 1/2 of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- 6Add the grated carrots, raisins, and walnuts to the remaining flour, mix well, and add to the batter.
- 7Mix until just combined.
- 8Line muffin pans with paper liners.
- 9Scoop the batter into 22 muffin cups until each is 3/4 full.
- 10Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes then reduce oven temperature to 350°F and cook for a further 35 minutes (**see note at bottom), until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 11Cool on a rack.
- 13Cream the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- 14Add the sugar and beat until smooth.
- 15When the cupcakes are cool, frost them generously and serve.
- 16**I don't need to cook these for the entire additional 35 minutes. After I lower the temperature to 350°F; I start checking the muffins at around 15 minutes. Just keep watching them until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barefoot Contessa's Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (2808 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.5
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 303.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 43.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g