Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The original recipe came from Australian Womens Weekly Finger Food Cookbook. Our friend Barb makes these frequently for parties - she makes them ahead and freezes them so there is no last minute rush. They are really delicious and they go very quickly so make heaps.
- 3 sheets puff pastry, ready rolled
- 100 g smoked salmon, finely chopped (3 1/2 oz)
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped (spring onions)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dill, fresh and chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Cut pastry into 6 1/2cm (2 1/2") rounds, place rounds into lightly greased 12 hole tart trays and sprinkle with salmon, gerkins and shallots.
- Pour in combined, cream, milk, eggs, dill and paprika and bake in a moderate oven 180degC (350degF) for about 30 minutes or until well browned and puffed then serve hot.