Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my sandwich creations from when I worked at the Ebbtide Cafe. All our sandwiches were named for feminist icons. Barbie was kinda a joke.
- 2 slices wheat toast
- 2 slices cooked apple wood bacon
- 3 pieces lettuce
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄3 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
- Toast the bread. Rub the condiments on to the bread (one per slice).
- Adhere the bacon to the mayonnaise, layer the avocado on top of it.
- Put the tomatoes with the mustard put the lettuce on top of it.
- Flip parts together, and slice diagonally.
- Serve with a tossed salad or fruit.
Wonderful addition to a BLT! I used a low-fat avocado and fat-free mayonnaise and omitted the optional mustard. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Orphanage Fall 09.
I made this for a quick lunch. I used black pepper smoked bacon. I enjoyed the contrast of the creaminess in the avocado against the spicy bacon. Crisp romaine lettuce leaves, a slice of beef steak tomato, and a multigrain sandwich thin bun rounded out the sandwich. I used fat free mayo & a sweet hot mustard. Made for Fall 09 Pick A Chef.
I've never tried a BLT with avocado and it's a great addition. I lightly salted the avocado and tomato slices and didn't measure out the mayo, just slathered it on the toast until it looked right to me. Made for Fall 2009 Pick A Chef Adoptions.