My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim the bread to oval shapes a little larger than the pears, and thinly butter one side of each slice.
- 2Peel the pears and halve them lengthwise- scoop out the cores using a teaspoon.
- 3Cut a thin sliver off the rounded side of each pear half to make it stand level.
- 4Heat the grill to high.
- 5Put the pear halves in a pan of water with the lemon juice, and bring to the boil.
- 6Remove the fruit with a slotted spoon, or tip into a sieve to drain; pat dry.
- 7Place a pear half, cut side up, on each bread slice.
- 8Cover with cheese slivers, making sure no cheese hangs over the edge.
- 9Place the pears, still on the bread, in the grill pan, and grill until the cheese bubbles.
- 10Place each pear on a small warmed plate, garnish the narrow end of each pear with watercress and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Stilton Pears
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.7
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 25.8 mg
- Sodium 198.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: