Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for casual get-togethers.
Make and share this Barbecue Cola Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coca-Cola
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a medium bowl, mix barbecue sauce, minced onion and cola beverage. Divide barbecue sauce mixture evenly into 2 (1 gallon) resealable food storage plastic bags. Add 6 chicken breasts to each bag; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight to marinate, turning bags once or twice.
- When ready to cook chicken, heat gas or charcoal grill. When grill is heated, carefully oil grill rack. Remove chicken from marinade; reserve marinade. Place chicken on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill over medium coals; cover grill. Cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut and thermometer inserted in centers read 170*.
- In a 1 quart saucepan, heat remaining marinade to boiling. Boil 3-4 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce.
So delicious! We diced the chicken really small and let it marinade for 4-5 hours. It was very tender. We served it on hoagie rolls with melted cheddar cheese on top. So very good!
My BF raved about this barbecue cola chicken. I used it on a sandwich which I added a nice serving of Wholly Guacamole to (Wholly Guacamole). I also added a slice of bacon and onion to the sandwich too. Delicious. My BF especially noticed the delicious barbecue sauce. I will definitely be using this recipe again.
Yummy! I made these on my indoor grill and they turned out great. The sauce was wonderful. It smelled divine! I only used 5 chicken breasts, a half a bottle of barbeque sauce, a sprinkle on onion and a half can of cola and it was delicious and very tender.