1/4 Photos of Barbecue Chicken Cobb Salad
A nice twist to a Chicken Cobb salad. To get grilled flavor in every bite of this salad, cubed chicken is threaded onto skewers, brushed with barbecue sauce and grilled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package mixed salad greens (iceberg lettuce kind)
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 avocado, peeled
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt (to taste)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1Place lettuce in large bowl.
- 2Cut cucumber in half crosswise and remove seeds.
- 3Slice cucumber and onion.
- 4Then cut cucumber slices in half.
- 5Cut avocado in half lengthwise; remove seed and cut flesh away from skin.
- 6Dice avocado and tomatoes.
- 7Arrange cucumber, onion, avocado, tomatoes and cheese in diagonal rows, leaving a row open down center.
- 8Cover; refrigerate salad until ready to serve.
- 9Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals.
- 10Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
- 11Thread onto four 12-inch skewers and season with salt and black pepper.
- 12Place kebabs on grid of grill. Grill, covered, 10-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center, turning occasionally and brushing with barbecue sauce.
- 13Discard any remaining barbecue sauce.
- 14Remove chicken from grill; cool slightly and remove from skewers.
- 15Arrange chicken down center of salad; sprinkle with bacon, if desired.
- 16Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecue Chicken Cobb Salad
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.5
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 432.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens