Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A nice, sweet treat to end the BBQ meal. 1/2 banana per serving.
Make and share this Bananas on the Barbie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat grill.
- Peel bananas and halve lengthwise. Place on platter or in baking dish and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine honey and lime juice and set aside.
- Place bananas cut side down on the grill. Grill for 2 minutes.
- Brush round side of bananas with lime-honey sauce and turn over onto grill. Grill for 2 more minutes.
- Remove bananas to serving dish and coat with the rest of the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Great use of bananas, kids really enjoyed them. Thanks for the recipe!
Loved this and I'm on my final leg of ZWT and my plan of destruction by overeating is just about over. Made for ZWT#8~Australia/Family Picks.
This simple recipe is a great way to end a summer meal. They bananas had a great consistency, they didn't get mushy at all and the honey lime flavour came through in just the right amount. We loved this healthy dessert, thanks Mikekey! Made for ZWT 8 :)