Prep 1 min
Cook 6 mins
My husband and I went on a cruise to the southern Carribean. We were served Banana's Foster, loved it. Bought the dark rum, came home and made it. Every time I am down to 2 bananas I just wait til they are just at the right stage of ripeness and voile, we have Banana's Foster. Hope you like it too!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter in small fry pan.
- Add brown sugar, stirring constantly.
- Bring to boil while stirring.
- Boil until consistancy is smooth and starting to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add Dark Rum.
- Put back on heat and stir until thick again.
- Add nutmeg and sliced bananas.
- Serve over individual servings of vanilla ice cream.
- This will probably serve 4.
- At my house, it serves my husband with a little left over for me!
Fabulous, and I only had white rum! Great way to use ripe bananas! Easy and Quick!
This is addictive and we really enjoyed it. Thanks alot!!!!!!