Recipe by pink soprano
a slight twist on bananas flambe. The name comes from a friend of mine who couldnt seem to remember 'flambe'. Perfect when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
- 2 -3 bananas
- 1 -2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 lemon (take out seeds)
- 1⁄2 orange, reduce amount of orange juice if used (optional)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup rum (I use captain morgans,make sure it lights well)
- 1 -2 cup brown sugar
- butter, to grease pan
Directions See How It's Made
- in a sauce pan(slightly greased with butter) on medium heat- add in orange juice and brown sugar. Amounts in the recipe are not exact, use to taste. Stir the mixture into a sauce (shouldnt be very thick but not runny).
- cut bananas into bite size pieces and add to sauce mixture. Coat well.
- squeeze the juice of the lemon (and orange) into the pan, mix well. Add more sugar if the mixture becomes too runny.
- add in vanilla, cinnamon and any other spice you would like to add in (I've used nutmeg with peaches before)stir well.
- add in rum, turn off the kitchen lights and light the bananas (when in doubt, use less rum than needed and repeat process until the desired flavor is obtained).
- let it burn out (use a metal spoon to slightly stir) and take off heat.
- serve over vanilla ice cream.