Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
An easily made recipe from the side of a cake mix box. When I made it, I didn't have any fruit cocktail on hand and used canned peaches for very good effect.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 bananas (peeled, cut in half and cut lengthwise in thirds)
- 1 (16 ounce) can fruit cocktail, whirled in blender with juice (Tropical style preferred)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box butter recipe cake mix
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease or spray with Pam a 9x13 cake pan.
- Place bananas evenly, cut side down, on bottom of prepared cake pan.
- Combine brown sugar and melted butter in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly between banana slices.
- Combine cake mix, eggs and fruit cocktail in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix for two minutes with electric mixer.
- Pour cake batter over banana slices.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cool completely in pan before turning over on a foil-lined platter.