Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love anything banana! This is a lovely banana dessert courtesy of Anthony Worrall Thompson.
- 2 bananas, peeled and chopped
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 50 g clear honey
- 50 g soft dark brown sugar
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed
- 100 ml whole milk
- 100 ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
- Cut the bread slices in half diagonally.
- In a medium pan gently melt the butter.
- Stir in the honey and sugar until melted.
- Add the bananas.
- In a separate pan gently heat the milk and cream together.
- In a medium ovenproof dish lay half the bread over the base.
- Top with half the banana mixture and pour over half the milk mixture.
- Lay the remaining bread on top, followed by the remaining banana and milk mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until golden.
Fantastic recipe. Really quick to make. Very tasty. In NZ we don't have double cream, and the only milk in the fridge was skim. Would be interesting to try it with full fat versions, as we all thought it was brilliant as it was. I did have to increase to 4 bread slices to cover my dish. Total time to make also is a bit off - took me less than 10mins to throw together and was perfectly golden after 15mins in the oven.