kathleen anne's Note:
This was 'invented' when i had the desire for something sweet (and this is about as sweet as it gets!) one night. started off as banana butterscotch dumplings, then i remembered the eggwhites in the fridge, and that dad liked bombe alaska, and this is the result.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- 2Roll out pastry to fit your pie dish and blind bake for about 15 minutes with a weight (such as beans) on the base until just cooked.
- 3Heat Brown sugar, cream, butter and vanilla until butter melts.
- 4Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5Pour toffee sauce into pie case and refrigerate.
- 6When toffee becomes firmer (it won't set completely), thinly slice banana and place over toffee, don't worry if it sinks.
- 7Whisk egg whites, gradually adding icing sugar until stiff glossy peaks form.
- 8Put icecream on top of bananas.
- 9Spread meringue over ice cream, ensuring it touchs the edges of the pie crust.
- 10Dust with icing sugar and bake until the meringue is golden and crunchy.
- 11Place the pie tray on another larger tray while cooking to catch any explosions.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Toffee Bombe Alaska Pie
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1032.6
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 82.0 mg
- Sodium 277.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 155.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 115.5 g
- Protein 12.7 g