Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 10 mins
This recipe yields 3 dozen soft, delicious cookies. Prep time includes 1 hour chill time for the dough.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, such as crisco
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed (3 medium bananas)
- 2 cups flour, all purpose
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- In mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and bananas, mixing well.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture and blend well.
- Add nuts and raisins, then chill the dough for 1 hour.
- Dough will be very soft before chilling.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.