Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
No shaping with these, just drop in hot oil from a tablespoon, if desired you can cut them with a doughnut cutter, but you really don't have to bother, they are just as delicious made into any shape.... they are just fantastic! Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. Plan ahead the dough mixture has to be refrigerated for 2 hours before frying. Cooking time depends on how large the dough balls are.
- 1 large firm ripe banana
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs until light (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in honey gradually and continue mixing until well combined.
- Beat in mashed banana, butter, sour cream and vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly, stir in the flour mixture into the creamed mixture until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours heat the oil in a deep fryer or heavy bottomed pot to 370 degrees.
- Drop a couple at a time from a tablespoon into hot oil.
- Turn the balls when they rise to the surface and are golden brown on the underside.
- Fry until browned on both sides.
- remove to a paper towel to drain.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.